https://sk.johnhoward.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Wordpress-WTW-2023-Facebook-Event-Poster.png 628 1200 Blair /wp-content/uploads/2023/03/JHSS-Logo-Text-Color.png Blair2023-06-01 08:59:372023-07-14 09:07:25Walk The Walk: A celebrity drag show in support of Lulu’s Lodge
Walk The Walk is a celebrity drag show hosted by Flo Mingo in support of Lulu’s Lodge, the only 2SLGBTQIA+ transitional youth shelter in Regina, operated by John Howard Society of Saskatchewan (JHSS).
- Date: August 26th
- Doors: 615pm
- Showtime: 7pm
- Location: Casino Regina Show Lounge (1880 Sask Dr.)
We are turning up the heat in 2023, bringing Lulu’s Lodge supporters an amazing evening of entertainment and fun from local celebrities and their drag mentors. Celebrity contestants will hit the stage in FULL DRAG, fighting to be crowned Mr./Ms./Mx. Walk the Walk 2023! Here are this years performers:
- Chase Hussey: Host, Pure Country Mornings on 92.7FM
- Jodi Robson: Baker extraordinaire, finalist on The Great Canadian Baking Show
- Cole Davenport: Anchor, CTV News at 5
- Lynn Robertson: Pastor, Christ Lutheran Church
- David Belof: Saskatchewan Managing Partner, Deloitte
- Melissa Coomber-Bendtsen: CEO, YWCA Regina Inc.
- Meara Conway: MLA, Regina Elphinstone-Centre
- Jada Yee: Director of Business Development, FHQ Developments
- Sandra Masters: Mayor, City of Regina
You don’t want to miss out on this special opportunity to see who will sashay away and -which celebrity performer will take home the crown.
It’s more than just a night of entertainment. It’s an opportunity to make a powerful statement to LGBTQ2S+ youth, letting them know they are home in Regina. Tickets will be available to the public soon, so stay tuned to this page for more information!
Our celebrities are hard at work, fundraising to meet their goal of raising $10,000 each in support of Lulu’s Lodge. Each milestone they reach unlocks a valuable resource to help them with their performance and fundraising. Here’s how you can help them reach their next target!
- $3,000 needs to be raised for each celebrity to enter the competition.
- $5,000 raised gives the celebrity a local Drag Mentor to help them prepare for the show.
- $10,000 raised means the celebtiry will have their Drag Mentor join them for a duet!
Check the Participants tab to donate to specific celebrities on their fundraising page, or simply donate below on our main event page, and you can select the celebrity you want your donation allocated toward. This years Drag Mentors include Aida Baguette, Shefoam, Delorass Binn, Katy Hairy, Ben Danthrust, Nick Knockers, Sandy Beeches, Yada Ya-Oughta Book Ahead, Stan Strong, Caesar Melons and Lala Bottome. Regina… Find some Shade because the Queen City is about to Heat Up!
For more information or to donate, click here: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/john-howard-society-of-saskatchewan/p2p/walkthewalk2023/https://buff.ly/43itQnU